Friday, June 26

I nak pegi BEIJING!

Teaser jer over.. ahahha.. siapa yang tertipu? sila angkat tangan!

Miscommunication happens in our daily life, aite? As my spoken language is always Malay, so I said "I nak pegi Beijing". What I mean is "I want to go to Beijing" not "I'm going to Beijing".. After do a bit rethinking and retranslation back n forth.. I come out with a conclusion.. for both phrase "I want to go to Beijing' and "I'm going to Beijing", the translation to Malay is the same which is "I nak pegi Beijing".

If your spoken language is Bahasa Melayu pasar, I'm pretty sure u'll agree with me. Of course u can use proper Bahasa Melayu to differentiate it like "Saya ingin pergi ke Beijing" for "I want to go to Beijing" and "Saya akan pergi ke Beijing bulan Julai ini" for "I'm going to Beijing this coming July"... But I think it sounds a bit ridiculous & retarded for daily conversation.. Don't u think?

I'm not trying to say that proper Bahasa Melayu is crap.. it is ok to use it in your SPM essay but it is not suitable for daily conversation.. nope nope, let me rephrase.. we are so used to Bahasa Melayu pasar untill we found it so funny when somebody speaks in proper Bahasa Melayu. Hello & greetings to Eefei!! Eefei is a good friend of mine who speaks Bahasa Melayu proper...seriously, no kidding.

Save your mengumpat/anyam ketupat/discussing facts that I'm jealous bcoz my Malay writing sux. Fyi, I got A1 for Bahasa Malaysia in SPM. Yes nuq, akak amik SPM zaman kuno, masa SPM ada aggregate lagi.. I'm quite good with bombastic word in Malay and I heart Prosa Klasik. I'm going to reveal this & I'm not shy bout it.. I like reading Melayu klasik books! My favorite is Hikayat Malim Deman.. awas! bukan Malim Demam.. I'm pissed bcoz people always spell it as Demam..When he was born bumi bergegar & tapak tempat dia dilahirkan jatuh 7 hasta bawah tanah, kau ado? Nasib baik bukan 6 kaki bawah tanah :P

Hmmm.. initially I wanna blog about sumthing else.. bout Are-t and Beijing, her febeles picx at Tembok Besar China.. i've given a link to her blog post, just have a look at her picx at great wall of china, awesome kan? From there, ada link photo album at her facebook.. but nevermind, will blog bout it later..

8 comments:

  1. I kagum youuu..hehehe. Siap baca Malim deman lagik

    ReplyDelete
  2. nasib baik dal eja deman betul..

    ReplyDelete
  3. u ol..aku rs kene ade tambah la kt ujung ayat plus intonasi yg betul baru org tau yg kau maksudkn 'i want to go to beijing' instead of 'i am going to beijing'..yg leceh nyer there will nvr be a direct translation utk english to BM except maybe when Ee Fei starts talking.. *hi ee fei*

    ReplyDelete
  4. ari tuh eefei tanya aku... bahasa melayu untuk oven baked chicken, roasted chicken, grilled chicken & barbecued chicken.. *matilah* aku jawab seme ayam panggang! ahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. ita..promo beijing hebat:)..kena pi gak la nih

    ReplyDelete
  6. =) sudah jadi mangsa gossip BM... febeles lah mak :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. eefei, u duduk kat norway pun.. kami masiih gossiping bout u :P

    ReplyDelete